We are here to help. Our services include:
- Breakfast Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Dinner (for woman and children only) Monday – Friday from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Additional services available during meals:
- Free showers and laundry
- Free Mail and telephone access
- Personal care and safety supplies
- Lunch-to-Go sandwiches and salads
- Emergency Pantry – Wednesdays (sign up during meal programs)
- Fresh Food Fridays (April-October) during meal programs
- Resume writing, cover letter writing, and job search support
- Referrals to other area agencies offering job training and counseling
- Transportation assistance for job interviews and first two weeks of work for new jobs
- Mock interviews
Real Opportunity Employment Training Program:
- 23 weeks of intensive employment training in the culinary field
- Workshops on “soft skills,” such as attire, teamwork, conflict resolution, finance, and communication skills
- 6 week culinary skills training
- 3 months of culinary training in a local restaurant
- A small hourly stipend and weekly transportation assistance
NOTE: Acceptance into Real Opportunity training is competitive. All interested applicants should contact Rachel Steber, Employment Specialist, at email@example.com or 202-503-1521.
Use our computer lab for job searches, to learn basic computer skills and to connect with family and friends -
- 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (all welcome)
- 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (women and their children only)
- Computer classes Tuesday-Fridays at 12:00 pm
Referrals and Support Services (walk in)
Monday and Thursday, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Transportation assistance
- Emergency clothing and blankets
- Referrals for off-site services
- Legal aid, health care and other services onsite
- Job search support
- Job training program
- Case management services
Case Management (By appointment)
Contact Director of Social Services Jessica Macleod at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-503-1524.
“Thrive DC provides both the essentials of food, and the intangibles of kindness.” – Lucy