Thrive DC’s Dinner Program offers a safe, peer supported environment for women and children along with a warm, nutritious dinner nightly, crisis intervention services, and physical/therapeutic activities.
Emergency groceries are available Tues, Wed, and Thurs.
Each evening we serve 20 – 40 women and their dependents. The schedule is as follows:
- 3:00 PM – Clients begin to arrive, and are welcome to enjoy snacks, laundry, and shower services.
- 4:00 PM – Thrive DC provides enrichment and therapeutic programming until dinner.
- 5:00 PM – Dinner is served.
- 6:00 PM – Program ends, and Thrive DC closes for the day.
We are always in need of 2 – 4 volunteers for the Evening Program. Volunteers will help to:
- Prepare and serve dinner
- Lead enrichment activities
- Coordinate shower & laundry schedules
- Pass out hygiene supplies to clients in need
Due to the intimate nature of the program, we are looking for individual volunteers who are willing to commit to volunteering at least once a week for two months, and who will help us lead (or organize!) the activity for the day.
Many of our women struggle with accessing basic resources like feminine hygiene products or bras and underwear. If you would like to help Thrive DC provide these essentials to homeless women, please check out our Amazon Wish List or talk to Greg about making an in-kind donation. He can be reached at 202-503-1528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Single fathers and their children are also welcome to the program.