We Need You!
The emergency support that our community provides offers hope to our clients when everything seems dark. We serve over 200 homeless men and women each day, which would not be possible without volunteers who go out of their way to make time for the most vulnerable members of our city.
Thank you for reaching out to us! Please see below for opportunities for volunteering.
*The opportunities below require a brief orientation prior to service. To sign up and get placed on the schedule, click here to sign up for a Volunteer Orientation.
- Help prepare and serve morning meal to 150+ community members
- Work directly with Program staff to facilitate laundry and shower services
- Distribute daily needed hygiene supplies to clients
- Work closely with our Culinary staff to distribute food from our Emergency Food Pantry (Wednesday only)
- Distribute fresh fruits and vegetables to low-income community members (Friday only)
- Help prepare and serve evening meal to 30 – 40 women and children
- Assist Program Coordinator with evening activities
- Design and implement an evening activity with your group!
*volunteer opportunities available in 1-hour increments
- Assist clients with job searching and resume building
- Help clients use Microsoft Office products like Word and Excel
- Be a resource for clients with little computer literacy
Host an event benefiting Thrive DC
Many of our supporters have taken it upon themselves to host an event on behalf of Thrive DC. Through community-run, volunteer events, we are able to reach more people and further the discussion about hunger and homelessness in the Washington, DC metro area.
Through close collaboration with Thrive DC’s Volunteer and Community Relations Coordinator, we can help you create an event that is both fun, interactive and engaging. Please contact Greg Rockwell at email@example.com for more information. Previous events include:
- Potluck dinners
- Movie nights and discussion
- Happy Hours
- Canned food drives
- Backpack drives
Administrative support (when available)
For all questions regarding scheduling and volunteer opportunities, please contact the Volunteer and Community Relations Coordinator, Greg Rockwell, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your support!