Volunteer with the Homeless
The emergency support that Thrive DC provides offers hope to our clients when they need it the most. We serve over 250 men and women each day, and couldn’t do it without thousands of volunteers each year.
For any questions about volunteering or getting involved, please talk to our Volunteer Coordinator at (202) 503-1528 or email@example.com.
The opportunities below require a brief orientation prior to volunteering. To sign up for an orientation click here!
Serve Breakfast to the Homeless
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Help prepare and serve breakfast to 150 – 200 people
- Oversee schedule for laundry and shower services
- Pass out daily needed hygiene supplies to clients
- Perfect for groups of 4 – 8
Serve Dinner to Homeless and Low-income Women
- Monday – Friday, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Help prepare and serve dinner to 30 – 60 women and children
- Organize activities and lead games
- Assist Program Coordinator with evening activities
- Perfect for individuals, with a commitment of at least 1 day a week for 2 months
Assist Clients in the Computer Lab
*Volunteer opportunities available in 2-hour increments from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
- Be a resource for clients with little computer literacy
- Assist clients with applying for jobs, looking for work online, and developing cover letters and resumes (Tuesdays & Thursdays 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM)
- No commitment necessary, although a weekly commitment is welcome
If you have volunteered with Thrive DC before, and would like to help us with manning the front desk, working in our database, or other critical office needs please talk to our volunteer coordinator! You can reach Greg Rockwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The opportunities above require a brief orientation prior to volunteering. To sign up for an orientation click here!