We Need You!
The emergency support that Thrive DC provides offers hope to our clients when they need it most. We serve over 250 men and women each day, and couldn’t do it without volunteers who make time for the most vulnerable members of our city.
Thank you for reaching out to us! Please see below for opportunities to volunteer.
*The opportunities below require a brief orientation prior to service. To sign up and get placed on the schedule, click here to sign up for a Volunteer Orientation.
- Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 11 AM
- Help prepare and serve morning meal to 150+ community members
- Work directly with Program staff to facilitate laundry and shower services
- Distribute daily needed hygiene supplies to clients
- Work closely with our Culinary staff to distribute food from our Emergency Food Pantry (Wednesday only)
- Distribute fresh fruits and vegetables to low-income community members (Friday only)
- Monday – Friday, 4 PM – 6 PM
- Help prepare and serve evening meal to 30 – 40 women and children
- Assist Program Coordinator with evening activities
- Design and implement an evening activity with your group!
Work with the Homeless on Computer Skills and Employment Searches
*volunteer opportunities available in 2-hour increments from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
- Assist clients with job searching and resume building
- Help clients use Microsoft Office products like Word and Excel
- Be a resource for clients with little computer literacy
Host an event benefiting Thrive DC
Many of our student groups and corporate partners have volunteered to host an event on behalf of Thrive DC. With your help, we are able to reach more people and further the discussion about hunger and homelessness in the Washington, DC metro area.
Through close collaboration with our Volunteer and Community Relations Coordinator, we can help you create an event that is both fun, interactive and engaging. Please contact Greg Rockwell at email@example.com for more information. Previous events include:
- Happy Hours
- Donation Drives
- Potluck Dinner
- Movie Nights and Discussion
- Backpack Drives
Administrative support (when available)
For all questions regarding scheduling and volunteer opportunities, please contact the Volunteer and Community Relations Coordinator, Greg Rockwell, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your support!