Clothing Donation Drive
Clothing is one the most popular donations we get, but can be the hardest to give out. Because of our limited space, we are unable to store clothing that needs to be the correct size to fit. This includes shirts, pants, suits, and dresses.
However, what we can use and desperately need are socks and underwear. Many of our clients walk everywhere, and keep everything they own in just a few bags. That doesn’t leave a lot of room for a change of clothes, and socks are always the first to wear out.
When you donate socks and underwear to Thrive DC, you help our clients stay clean, healthy, and happy. These are our #1 requested item, and we can give out as many as you donate to us.
If you would like to do a Clothing Drive for our clients, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
We have also created this flyer you can use to promote your efforts: Clothing Donation Drive Flyer
Donate Socks (New)
- Should be white, men’s socks. We serve many more men than women, and our women clients often prefer men’s clothing to women’s clothing.
- No guidelines around length, style, or cut. We prefer quantity over quality so we can give out as many socks as we can!
Donate Underwear (New)
- Large underwear is preferred, both men’s and women’s.
- New Bras are welcome, but we have limited storage and are unable to accommodate a large selection of sizes. Large or adjustable bras are the most helpful to us and most useful to our clients!
Donate Clothing (New or Used)
- Flip Flops – Our clients use them as shower shoes, and they are easier to fit sizes for in the summer than sneakers.
- Hats/Visors – Our clients are out in the sun A LOT. Please help us shade their faces to avoid sunstroke!
- T-shirts – With so few resources for laundry, many clients go through clothing quickly. By helping stay stocked in t-shirts, you can help us keep clients clean and clothed.
- Scrubs – We need one-size-fits-all clothing, that’s easy to store in a small space, for those clients who need emergency clothes until they can get a more permanent set.
Donating Through Our Amazon Wish List
Don’t have anything to donate, or don’t know what to provide us? You can help us get exactly what we need by buying items off of our Amazon Wish List. Just don’t forget to include a note with your name and address so we can send you a thank you letter!
Dropping Off Donations
Unfortunately, we are not able to pick up donations. But you can bring things to us at our location in Columbia Heights Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Before you come, please let our staff listed below know to expect you! If you are unable to get to us during normal operating hours, we would be happy to talk about setting up a more convenient time for drop offs.
Don’t Know What To Donate?
If you aren’t sure what to donate, or want to have the maximum impact on our clients, consider donating financially. Your financial donations give Thrive DC the flexibility to help clients no matter the need or situation.
Ready To Organize?
If you’re ready to organize a donation drive to help our clients, fill out the form below! Our In-Kind Coordinator will follow up with you shortly.