This winter, it will be crucial to keep our clients healthy and warm amidst the pandemic and flu season. You and your community play an important part in ensuring this happens!
Our Winter Items Drive will continue to implement careful COVID precautions for the safety of our clients and donors. If you are interested in bringing items in to donate, please carefully review the guidelines below. We are also highly recommending that individuals, neighborhoods, office, etc. check out our Amazon Wish List for a contact free way to donate!
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions! On behalf of the Thrive DC community, we are so grateful for your continued support!
New Items Our Clients Need:
- New socks
- New men’s boxers and women’s underwear
- New thermals (Long undershirts and pants)
New & Gently Used Items Our Clients Need:
- Winter Coats – lightweight but effective coats are especially valued
- Winter Hats
Items We Are Not Able to Accept
Thrive DC has limited space through the winter months so we have to be very intentional about what items we can and cannot accept. While we are doing the Coat Drive, we are NOT accepting:
- Light Jackets – Our clients needs coats to keep them warm when it is near or below freezing. Windbreakers and suit jackets unfortunately don’t provide that kind of warmth.
- Sweaters and Sweatshirts – With our limited space, we are focusing on the winter items that will help our clients the most. When our clients ask us for help with layering materials we give them referrals to other service providers.
- Clothes – Thrive DC does not have the space to store shoes or boots, pants, shirts, blouses, dresses or anything else that needs to be the right size to fit. When hosting your donation drive, please make sure to call it a “Coat Drive” and not a “Winter Clothing” drive.
Donating Through Our Amazon Wish List
Don’t have anything to donate, or don’t know what to provide us? You can help us get exactly what we need by buying items off of our Amazon Wish List. Just don’t forget to include a note with your name and address so we can send you a thank you letter!
Ready To Organize?
If you’re ready to organize a donation drive to help our clients, fill out the form below! Our In-Kind Donation Coordinator will follow up with you shortly.