Help Homeless Women Get The Bras And Support They Deserve
Thrive DC is committed to providing wraparound services for homeless women who need us the most. We provide meals, showers, laundry services, and help finding jobs and housing. But homeless women have additional challenges that are less noticeable but equally as important.
What We Need
- New or gently used bras, especially in larger sizes. Bands 38 and up are our most requested, along with larger cup sizes.
- Large & Extra Large Sports Bras. Since many of our women sleep in what they own, they need comfortable, flexible underwear. Sports bras without wires are greatly appreciated.
How We Help
We provide free tampons and maxipads daily to women in need, in whatever quantity they need. And we also provide bras.
Many of our clients have used the same bra for years, or go without. But there is no denying the feeling that women get when they try on a new bra that fits and compliments them perfectly. Having a bra that is comfortable and supportive makes us feel more human, and that is something our ladies deserve.
A Perfect Fit Day
This event is very special to us, and helps us offer our ladies thousands of bras in every shape and style to choose from. If you would like to help, you can:
- Purchase new bras for our ladies directly off our Amazon Wish List
- Send your (clean!) and gently used bras to us directly at:
ATTN: Greg Rockwell
1525 Newton St NW
Washington, DC 20010
- Coordinate a bra drive between your friends and family. If you’re interested in helping out in this way, please contact Greg Rockwell at [email protected] or 202-503-1528.
Lastly, we could not have such a big event without the help of our corporate sponsors Curvy Kate, Le Bustiere Boutique, Coobie Seamless Bras, ThirdLove, the Little Bra Co and nonprofit partners like Support the Girls. Thank you for helping us meet the needs of the homeless women coming to us for help!