Thrive DC understands that a good paying job is essential to a stable life. Through our Employment Support and Real Opportunity Training Program we help those individuals for whom employment is a barrier to stability and not an asset.
For clients who have skills and only need help finding a new job in their field, Thrive DC has several different options:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM are for Employment Workshops in the Computer Lab. We will work clients one-on-one to improve their resumes, look for jobs online, and assist with completing job applications.
- Wednesdays from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM come for Employment Readiness Workshops. Workshops are held on a rotating basis, with a different workshop each week:
- Employment Goals: Great Expectations
- Effective Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Workplace Communication
- Job Searching Techniques
- Financial Planning and Money Management
- Mock Interview
Our Real Opportunity Training Program (Real Opps) is available for individuals who have a large gap in their employment history, are looking to change career fields, or need new skills to join the work force.
- Job Assistant– Help clients apply for Hard Trades (Maintenance, Transportation, Construction) or Soft Trades (Hospitality, Food Service, Retail). Tuesdays & Thursdays from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM.
- Outreach Support – Help find resources and opportunities for our clients, such as training programs, HSD/GED training, housing options, or financial assistance. Wednesday from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM and Friday between 11: 00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Job Coach for Specific Employment Tracks – Help clients on a weekly basis build skills and look for employment. Help clients search for opportunities to overcome the barriers that prevent them from succeeding. Time specific to the number of clients within each employment track.
If you are interested in these opportunitites and want to work directly with our clients to help them succeed, sign up for a Volunteer Orientation and contact the Workforce Development Manager David Vicenty at (202) 503-1532 or [email protected].