Thrive DC serves more than 2,000 clients annually through our Daily Bread/Daily Needs breakfast program. In just 2014, we provided:
- 130, 671 Meals Served
- 86,283 Lbs of Fresh Food and Emergency Groceries Given Away
- 46,636 Personal Care Items and Supplies Provided
- 4,764 Showers
- 2,477 Loads of Laundry
- 500+ Clients Receiving Mail
Each day, Monday through Friday, we see 150 – 200 clients for breakfast. The schedule for breakfast is:
- 8:30 AM – Doors open and clients are welcome to coffee, bagels, and sandwiches before breakfast.
- 9:30 AM – A hot breakfast is served, with a balanced diet and vegetarian/pork free options offered.
- 10:00 AM – Referrals and emergency groceries are provided on a first come, first served basis.
- 11:00 AM – Breakfast is over, with either a therapeutic or enrichment activity to follow.
Thrive DC has different programming for each day of the week. We provide free movies, art group, jam sessions and music practice, plus substance abuse support groups. Clients are welcome to join in at any time!
Farmer’s Market for the Homeless and Low-Income
Special mention goes to our Fresh Food Fridays. Every Friday from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM clients are invited to participate in our farmer’s market at no cost to them! Many of the low-income, Spanish speaking residents of the surrounding community come to participate in our farmer’s market. Come join us!
We are always in need of 6 – 10 volunteers to support our Morning Program. Volunteers will help to:
- Prepare and serve breakfast
- Greet clients to the program and pass out coffee
- Coordinate our shower, laundry, and mail schedules
- Pass out toiletries to clients in need
- Other tasks as needed!