And as long as our clients are working on their recovery, so are we.
Substance Abuse Education Program
Thrive DC offers a comprehensive 12 week Educational Program designed to address the skills necessary to attain or maintain abstinence. The Program is divided into four basic parts:
- Substance Abuse Educational Groups
- Case Management
- Treatment Referral
- Individual Counseling
- Men’s Group in English – Wednesdays at 11:00 AM
- Men’s Group in Spanish – Fridays at 11:00 AM
- Women’s Group in English and Spanish – Tuesdays at 2:00 PM
The Educational Group Topics include:
- Definitions and self diagnosis
- Alcohol and drug education
- Triggers, cravings, and avoiding relapse
- Planning for sobriety
- Alcohol and tobacco
- Sex, drugs, and alcohol
- Stress and emotional health
- Stress reduction
- Negative emotions
- Anger and communication
- Relapse prevention
Our Substance Abuse Coordinator is available Tuesday, Wednedsay, Thursday, and Friday from 1 PM – 3 PM.
For more information about substance abuse counseling, please contact Gabriel Fabre at (202) 503-1521 or email@example.com.