Astra Militarum Battalion Detachment (1,290), Regimental Tactics: Gunnery Experts, Spotter Details Command Cost: -3 CP, HQ: Tank Commander, Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2xPlasma Cannon, Storm Bolter HQ: Tank Commander, Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2xPlasma Cannon, Storm Bolter HQ: Tank Commander, Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2xPlasma Cannon, Storm Bolter, Elites: Platoon Commander, -1 CP Kurov’s Aquila Elites: Platoon Commander, Troops: Infantry Squad Troops: Infantry Squad Troops: Infantry Squad Troops: Infantry Squad, HS: Manticore, Heavy Bolter, -1 CP Full Payload, DT: Chimera, 2xHeavy Flamer, Storm Bolter DT: Chimera, 2xHeavy Flamer, Storm Bolter, Imperial Knights Super Heavy Detachment (710), Household Tradition: Terryn Questor Allegiance Oath: Questor Imperialis – Vow of Honor (locked via Terryn) Command Cost: -6 CP Command Benefit: +6 CP, LoW: Knight Gallant, Heavy Stubber, Warlord: Strike and Shield, Sanctuary LoW: Armiger Warglaive, Heavy Stubber LoW: Armiger Warglaive, Heavy Stubber. Astra Militarum Battalion Detachment (1,333), Regimental Tactics: Gunnery Experts, Spotter Details Command Cost: -3 CP Command Benefit: +3 CP, HQ: Tank Commander, Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2xPlasma Cannon, Storm Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile Weapons Expert HQ: Tank Commander, Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2xPlasma Cannon, Storm Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile HQ: Tank Commander, Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2xPlasma Cannon, Storm Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile, Elites: Platoon Commander,Warlord:Free Tank Ace, Relic: Kurov’s Aquila, Troops: Infantry Squad Troops: Infantry Squad Troops: Infantry Squad, HS: Manticore, Heavy Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile, -1 CP Full Payload, DT: Chimera, 2xHeavy Flamer, Storm Bolter DT: Chimera, 2xHeavy Flamer, Storm Bolter DT: Chimera, 2xHeavy Flamer, Storm Bolter, Astra Militarum Battalion Detachment (666), Regimental Tactics: Disciplined Shooters, Wilderness Survivors, HQ: Company Commander, Boltgun HQ: Company Commander, Boltgun HQ: Company Commander, Boltgun, Elites: Special Weapons Squad, 3xPlasma Gun Elites: Special Weapons Squad, 3xPlasma Gun Elites: Special Weapons Squad, 3xPlasma Gun Elites: Command Squad, 4xPlasma Gun Elites: Command Squad, 4xPlasma Gun Elites: Command Squad, 4xPlasma Gun, Troops: Infantry Squad, Plasma Gun, Boltgun Troops: Infantry Squad, Plasma Gun, Boltgun Troops: Infantry Squad, Plasma Gun, Boltgun Troops: Infantry Squad, Plasma Gun, Boltgun. We’ll talk more about this guy later on in the article. I don’t see this changing much with 9th Edition. This hasn’t been coupled with any weapons decreases and in fact has been met with an even more frustrating increase on the Exterminator Autocannon of +13 points, bringing it to a 30-point weapon overall. As potentially three of the least-used categories in my personal Guard army building experience, these three categories’ relatively small increases are a bit of a dull fart for me. So you won’t know their weaknesses and strengths. As a bonus you’ve got cover so you MIGHT survive the rebuttal, but honestly… your plan is to hope you do enough damage off of the drop, because I don’t expect Guardsmen bodies to live very long once they start getting shot at. I personally have not explored mono Scion army building as much as I would like to, but I’d love it if some Big Brain figured it out for me. We’ve fared pretty well here, with a below-average increase of 9.1% overall. Read Online 40k Codex 6th Edition Astra Militarum 40k Codex 6th Edition Astra Militarum If you ally dependence such a referred 40k codex 6th edition astra militarum book that will allow you worth, acquire the enormously best seller from us currently from several preferred authors. First, the base cost of the Leman Russ Battle Tank has seen a frustrating +23 point-increase to 130 points. Then if that turns out to be any good, let me know. From a design perspective, the Guard Codex was in a rough place coming into the new edition. The good news is that our indirect fire (IDF) capabilities have not seen the same frustratingly high increase as our, have all received a +10 point bump, while the, only received a +5 point bump, which puts it as the shiny new, is now spending a maximum of 1 turn NOT firing, which is a massive indirect buff. With primary objectives shifting to ENTIRELY BOARD CONTROL ON THE TOP OF YOUR TURN, you’re going to want some objective holders that aren’t going to get blown away by some perfunctory shooting. as you can smash into it. Honestly, I don’t think there’s much to write home about on the subject of Lords of War for Guard. The journey is fun, its damn fun. This is for my sanity and yours. Regimental Tactics: Gunnery Experts, Spotter Details, Tank Commander, Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2xPlasma Cannon, Storm Bolter, Platoon Commander, -1 CP Kurov’s Aquila, Manticore, Heavy Bolter, -1 CP Full Payload, Questor Allegiance Oath: Questor Imperialis – Vow of Honor (locked via Terryn), This is basically the next iteration on the same flavor list that’s been my favorite since LVO 2019. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I wasn’t a fan of Bullgryn before (too slow for my taste). I honestly can’t say right now. Whoever keeps rolling up to Warhammer World and dunking on everyone with Grenade Launchers, can you please stop? Clocking in at 135 back then these guys weren’t a bad option; for the same tank you’re looking at 165 in 9th edition (+22%). All that said, I think as Guard players we still have two very viable tools in our toolbox: For the Armored hordes you’ll want anywhere from  3-5 Demolisher Cannons and a Manticore or two, and the for the Infantry you’ll tout as many Special Weapons as you can smash into it. Good news time: Special weapons have ALL received a points DECREASE, except for those very problematic Grenade Launchers and Sniper Rifles. It’s worth pointing out that this MAY be offset by the ability to move and shoot without penalty and shoot into combat in the 9th edition core rules. Luckily none of the other turret weapons have taken the same hit. Hatred is, after all, the Emperor’s greatest gift for humanity. The second detachment is almost entirely shoved into. I guess do your best and try not to get locked up, but hey… you’re a Guard player, you’ve been doing it all of 8th edition, just do it some more! This unit, in 9th edition, is also a durable unit that is not to be underestimated. Guard fared pretty well in this slot, considering that my most leaned-on choice, the Tank Commander, only went up 9.2% on its 8th cost. They will only confuse you! The likelihood that your sponsons are going to be able to clear off whatever boarders have clambered onto your hull before you fire that sweet sweet Demolisher Cannon is very low. Only the. Almost every single hull in the codex has, in addition to their base points increase, received a flat additional +7 point bump due to the bump to Heavy Bolters (+87.5%). . Given that these two archetypes require different Regimental Traits, I don’t think you’re going to have room for both detachments unless you’re going mono Guard. The 87.5% increase to Heavy Bolters hurts just as much since many Guard vehicles come with them. Welcome, Art of War fans! For the last of the bad news, are still terrible with a mystifying 60% point increase. I’m ready to be proven wrong on this one though. The Drukhari have finally arrived and are making their 9th edition debut on the channel. Astra Militarum Special Rules. The Astra Militarum is the sledgehammer of the Emperor, and its countless armies form the vast majority of the Imperium’s military might. Unfortunately Psychic Awakening: The Greater Good hasn’t done a lot to fix that (I’m still salty that Armored Sentinels got a half damage Stratagem over other units). The extra point on Guardsmen is undoubtedly going to make Guard armies a bit tighter than they were in 8th edition, but overall that may not be so bad as you’ll likely need fewer of them given the changes to how CP are gained. The CP penalty for taking one is already pretty extreme, couple that with the fact that you’re going to have to toss a Tank Ace at it to get it to have Regimental Traits… that’s a pretty raw deal. Combined with the increased difficulty of bringing allies in 9th edition, this puts Codex: Astra Militarum more at a middle-tier position out of the gate. Khorzain. The scale of Warhammer 40K and all it has to offer is massive. As I’ve said, I think 5 point Plasma Guns are pretty tight; so I put 25 Plasma Guns in my list. Chimeras were in position to be a pretty critical unit, but the points hikes on Heavy Bolters effectively relegates them to being budget Hellhounds, clocking in at 95 points for Heavy Flamers or Heavy Bolters. 9th edition hasn’t changed that very much. We take you through all the biggest nerfs and buffs to the Astra Militarum army … Surprisingly, the Manticore only received a +5 point bump, which puts it as the shiny new most competitive IDF option for Guard now. I think you’re largely going to see non-HQ flavor LRBTs fall by the wayside with this new pricing. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Chase “Gunum” Garber Talks 9th Edition on the Chapter Tactics Podcast, The Fall of the Tomb Raider? Our friends at Tabletop Titans have a new 9th ed 40k video bat rep: Drukhari vs. Astra Militarum! Learn the new tricks and tactics you will need to play Astra Militarum in 9th edition from a team that has been playtesting the game for months. There is no wrong way to start Astra Militarum in 9th Edition and there is no right way. This benefit is similarly conferred to both patterns of Sentinels. and you get yourself a pretty nice ‘budget’ Plasma drop. Rules will follow new … This percentage is further driven upward by a “hilarious” +2 point bump on Tempestus Scions (or 28.6% for you math nerds). Unfortunately, they don’t do much on their own, and I’ve struggled to find them a payload worth delivering with their transport capacity. The army described below Credit: Scott Horras “Heresy”. It’s a pure tax. I had previously written my wishlist/hatelist for the upcoming Codex: Want to play and collect Astra Militarum? Militarum Tempestus Storm Troopers: If a model with this doctrine is shooting a target at half range or less, it can make an extra shot with the same weapon at the same target, for each hit roll of 6+ you make for that model. That’s not too bad, especially when you consider that the percentage is primarily driven north by the staggering increase to the Primaris Psyker (whose increase has largely been offset by having his staff now baked into his points). Only the Hellhound has seen a base increase (+20 points), but that has been offset by all of its turret weapon options coming down by at least 10 points for an overall increase of +11 points after you factor in an Inferno Cannon and a Heavy Flamer (109 to 120). For the last of the bad news, Ratlings are still terrible with a mystifying 60% point increase. Or if you’re a patron, head on over to our Discord server and shoot us a message and we’ll be happy to respond. Pop on the Gunnery Experts Regimental Trait and have a go. That’s not too bad, especially when you consider that the percentage is primarily driven north by the staggering increase to the, (whose increase has largely been offset by having his staff now baked into his points). This hasn’t been coupled with any weapons decreases and in fact has been met with an even more frustrating increase on the, of +13 points, bringing it to a 30-point weapon overall. Actually, in five weeks it’ll probably be worthless. The biggest change here relative to my late 8th edition lists is that I’ve picked up Heavy Flamer Chimeras instead of 3 more Guardsmen Squads and my Company Commanders. Pop on the. If you do, then in the Reinforcements step of one … The second sore thumb here is the price of the h. , but we’ll talk more about that in the Weapons section. The FAQ is here. Given that it has gained the ability to fire into combat via 9th edition core rules, no longer turn into completely useless boxes after someone high fives the hull. Just going by the numbers, the Troops slot for Guard has taken a big hit with a 26.2% cost increase in model costs overall. This has allowed me to dodge their painful points increase and it also allows me to take the Witch Hunter, which is really nice if you run into any casting-heavy armies and basically a free 15 points if you run into Grey Knights or Thousand Sons. The series will start off geared towards players new to Warhammer 40K and new to the Astra Militarum. As far as allies are concerned, I’d probably look most closely at Imperial Knights and Custodes, but I’m sure there are more combinations that merit consideration. It’s massive. Warhammer 40,000/Tactics/Imperial Guard(8E) - 1d4chan So, the Astra Militarum codex has been out for som time now, like one and a half month. Any rules, forum posts or blog articles you might find related to 8th, 7th, 6th edition, etc won’t be relevant to the current version of the rules. Aerial Drop: During deployment, you can set up this unit in a high altitude transport instead of setting it up on the battlefield. Junior Officer with Laspistol Manchester, UK ... Was thinking of brining my 1,500points 5/6th edition Guard army i havent touched in 8 years up to a 2,000points 9th edition army since a mass mechanised force looks better now. Leave your cool big tanks at home for competitive play. With the new apparent points floor of 5 points and general cost of every unit going up 5-15 points, Guard got hit doubly hard. This combined with, given their low power level opens up the opportunity for some interesting plays to get large amounts of. I’ve felt the Guard Codex largely rode the coattails of their preferred allies (Imperial Knights, Blood Angels, and Custodes): In 8th edition Guard was rarely played to great success without allies due it to being outclassed by one or more of said allies’ Codexes in either range or, more commonly, melee. I’m hopeful that someone will be able to prove to me wrong though because I think they’re rad. I guess do your best and try not to get locked up, but hey… you’re a Guard player, you’ve been doing it all of 8th edition, just do it some more! the #GenestealerCults go head to head against the #AstraMilitarum with the support of non other than the Daemonifuge herself! 18” Rapid Fire, with 6” from the edge and a 44” board width means that on Turn 3 you can drop your spicy Plasma Meatball into Rapid Fire range anywhere on the board. Today, Scott Horras “Heresy” is taking a look at the Astra Militarum. Compare that with, say, video games. First, the base cost of the Leman Russ Battle Tank has seen a frustrating +23 point-increase to 130 points. is undoubtedly going to make Guard armies a bit tighter than they were in 8th edition, but overall that may not be so bad as you’ll likely need fewer of them given the changes to how CP are gained. From the available armies, regiments in those armies, the three ways to play and all the rules that govern how the game actually plays. What this means is that while in isolation, I’d rate the Astra Militarum Codex as competitively upper-middile in 8th edition, in 9th I’d rate it’s standing a bit lower thanks to above-average increases on almost every one of its units. ... 9th Iotan Gorgonnes; ... Astra Militarum. This is gonna be a big ticket item at 2 CP (just kidding, it’s great value because we have nothing good to spend our CP on anyways). With the game shortened by a turn, the Manticore is now spending a maximum of 1 turn NOT firing, which is a massive indirect buff. 40k 9th 9th edition Astra Militarum featured imperial guard strategy Tactics Warhammer 40k, ©  2020 Goonhammer. Tauroxes of all flavors have received a +10 point bump, and Chimeras have received a +5 point bump. Anyways, I think the most notable decrease here are 5-point Plasma Guns and Melta Guns on BS4+ models. With the former seeing a notable decrease and the later seeing an extremely frustrating increase. The above list is not final, so get in touch (see the end of this article) to have your ideas heard for this Astra Militarum 9th Edition series. So with all that said, it’s time to look at some lists I might run in 9th edition. Subject: Astra Militarum: More Competitive in 8th Edition? Is there anyone … With the. have not received the same increase and may be the most viable sponson options going forwards. Valkyries have seen a meager +5 point bump which is offset by a refreshing 3-point decrease on rocket pods. It’s a pure tax. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. This pushes the effective increase for almost all of the vehicles in the Guard codex firmly over the predicted +12% number we’ve been throwing around here at Goon HQ. This is your guide to start a Tempestus Scions army! Now that you as a player are being measurably punished by playing more than one detachment, Guard may have less room for list building than before. Again, combined with Gunnery Experts and a Full Payload Tank Ace ability you’ve got yourself a pretty spicy meatball. And even then you don’t know how the other 12 or so other armies play at all. I predict that in 9th edition Guard will still perform best with allies. The second detachment is almost entirely shoved into Strategic Reserves. Our Elite choices also suffered a very painful overall increase of 22% which puts them firmly above what ~T H E  A L G O R I T H M~ would’ve predicted. Unfortunately, hasn’t done a lot to fix that (I’m still salty that, got a half damage Stratagem over other units). If you wanna throw the whole detachment into Strategic Reserves that’s gonna run you 3 CP (go crazy, live your dreams). I’m taking a calculated risk here by having virtually no combat units. It also means each can focus on a specific topic. In general the infantry horde is probably going to be a more viable ‘allied’ pick due to its cheaper points cost, while the armored horde is going to feel more like the ‘main’ force of your army. The characters in this section have all received the standard +5 point bump (with the exception of the, who also had his staff baked into his points cost), in line with ~T H E  A L G O R I T H M~. Luckily, other popular options like Bullgryn (+3 points) and the Ministorum Priest (+5 points) escaped with relatively small bumps, but may suffer from other new 9th edition core rules changes, such as wound allocation rules, Blast, and Coherency restrictions. I think you’re gonna need a few, Tank Commander, Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2xPlasma Cannon, Storm Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile Weapons Expert, Tank Commander, Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2xPlasma Cannon, Storm Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile, Platoon Commander,Warlord:Free Tank Ace, Relic: Kurov’s Aquila, Manticore, Heavy Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile, -1 CP Full Payload, As I’ve said, I think 5 point Plasma Guns are pretty tight; so I put 25 Plasma Guns in my list. They are invading realspace to pillage an imperial world defended by the Astra Militarum. Besides Pask (+8 points), and the Tank Commander (+13 points), everyone else just received the standard +5 point bump that we’ve been seeing around the neighborhood recently. It’s a damn shame too: given the new 9th edition detachment rules Scions also got harder to bake into your army while keeping your delicious Scion detachment bonuses. Join us on twitch this Sunday, August 30th, at 1pm EST for … I think there’s some serious room for h, is going to run you 45 points (30 for the model, 15 for the gun), and 9 of these guys hanging out on objectives with a half damage Stratagem could be annoying to shift. Has the Astra Militarum/Guard really shifted from its meta position in 8th edition? It just means I wasn’t equipped with the knowledge I have now to make better decisions back then. This will be your one-stop-shop for everything Astra Militarum related to 9th Edition Warhammer 40,000. Ah yes, the ever steady “Backbone of the Guard,” Heavy Support. I honestly can’t say right now. I don’t think I’ve seen a stock Taurox hit the table in 8th edition yet, and I don’t think I’m going to see one in 9th unless the points cost comes down. Although often outclassed in terms of strength and technological advancement, the warriors and vehicles of the Imperial Guard stand together, relentlessly wearing down their … Honestly I don’t think so – but I have a pretty controversial opinion on this one. From a design perspective, the Guard Codex was in a rough place coming into the new edition. And before you say, “wait the, gets the staff for free now!”, I know you weren’t taking the staff before and it’s not like. Which is currently in its 9th edition, they were just released on July 25th 2020. Leave your cool big tanks at home for competitive play. has seen a base increase (+20 points), but that has been offset by all of its turret weapon options coming down by at least 10 points for an overall increase of +11 points after you factor in an Inferno Cannon and a Heavy Flamer (109 to 120). are worth anything in combat with it. If you wanna throw the whole detachment into. But bear with me, we will get into the juicier stuff I assure you as we progress through this series. We’ll continue to cover other factions in our Faction Focus series, so if you missed one or want to see which ones are coming up, check out our 9th edition page in the navigation bar on the right side of the screen. Salamanders vs Astra Militarum: 9th Edition Stream Match. I think you’re gonna need a few Rotate Ion Shields, a few Command Re-rolls, a Full Tilt and a fight twice throughout the game. Astra Militarum / Imperial Guard Filter (1) Sort by Featured Best Selling Alphabetically, A-Z Alphabetically, Z-A Price, low to high Price, high to low Date, new to old Date, old to new Today, Scott Horras “Heresy” is taking a look at the Astra Militarum. have ALL received a points DECREASE, except for those very problematic, with 3 of them is going to run you a total of 45 points; season that with 1 CP for. We weren’t seeing, anyways and while they can shoot into combat now, it’s still difficult to say that weapon deserved a price hike. into position without having them under threat from Turn 1. lists, the Fast Attack slot has largely been an under-performing part of the Guard Codex. This benefit is similarly conferred to both patterns of, . Finally, you can subscribe to get an email notification as soon as a new article is published. I bought a lot of infantry from eBay when I started. You would think this would be paired with a baked-in weapon cost, but you’d be wrong for thinking that; enjoy your 10-point Ratlings. Built using WordPress, 9th edition is on the way, and with it a whole raft of changes to the factions of Warhammer 40,000. But we need to cater to the new players too – because there are new players to Warhammer 40K and that is a great thing! The Astra Militarum, also known as the Imperial Guard in colloquial Low Gothic, is the largest coherent fighting force in the galaxy.They serve as the Imperium of Man's primary combat force and first line of defence from the myriad threats which threaten the existence of the Human race in the late 41st Millennium. Given the seeming new floor of 5 points for a model however it was pretty unavoidable to have at minimum a 25% increase on 2 of the 3 Troops choices in the Guard Codex. For the majority of 8th Edition the Guard have leaned very heavily on the HQ slot. Or if you’re a patron, head on over to our Discord server and shoot us a message and we’ll be happy to respond. The CP penalty for taking one is already pretty extreme, couple that with the fact that you’re going to have to toss a, at it to get it to have Regimental Traits… that’s a pretty raw deal. When I say Astra Militarum 9th Edition I am referring to the current set of rules for Warhammer 40K. Here you’re gonna start with 8 CP before you take your first turn. That said, this is an increase you’re not likely to feel and instead something that may have opened up some cheeky opportunities for the faction. If you have any questions or feedback, drop us a note in the comments below or email us at. A Plan generations in the making! increased difficulty of bringing allies in 9th edition, this puts Codex: Astra Militarum more at a middle-tier position out of the gate. I recommend tossing all of the, . You can’t enter the hobby in January, buy, build and paint an army and then win a tournament in June. That said, I've been reading the comments and I see a lot of moaning and complaining, even though only went up +5 points, if you include Forgeworld (which my previous categories all have even though I’m restricting this review to the Codex), Flyers overall bumped up 6.7%. With the Munitorum Field Manual out in the wild and the Faction FAQs released, now’s a good time to start taking a look at what’s changed for all of our favourite armies.Today, Scott Horras “Heresy” is taking a look at the Astra Militarum. A lot of still remains unpainted and unused. Transports have gone up 8.8% and Lords of War have gone up 9.1% overall. Warhammer 40K is a long-term hobby. If you want something else covered in this Astra Militarum 9th Edition Getting Started series, have a question or just want to say hello then please do. Again, pretty painful as the most-used characters in this slot, the Platoon Commander and Astropath, took an effective 25% and 66% bump here, respectively. The 9th Edition Munitorum Field Manual Points Review – … If I ever ran these guys, I ran them with. As the base model cost of Valkyries only went up +5 points, if you include Forgeworld (which my previous categories all have even though I’m restricting this review to the Codex), Flyers overall bumped up 6.7%. Hi everyone! Similar to the Heavy Flamer Sentinels mentioned earlier, taking a few of these guys to hold Guardsmen and rush objectives might see some play. … The second sore thumb here is the price of the heavy bolter, but we’ll talk more about that in the Weapons section. The extra point on. It will cover a lot of topics in-depth to give you a good understanding of the Warhammer 40,000 hobby in relation to the fantastic forces of the Astra Militarum (Imperial Guard). Today we are taking an in … Unfortunately, they don’t do much on their own, and I’ve struggled to find them a payload worth delivering with their transport capacity. Sorry, guys…. It combines a hard-hitting, very speedy, optionally fighting twice Knight detachment with some withering Guard firepower.
2020 astra militarum 9th edition