4 servings . This baked steelhead trout recipe is an easy dinner option and a great alternative to salmon! I had to cook it a bit longer than 20 min (probably my oven, it’s old) and I added lemon zest to the inside. Subscribe to Inspired Taste's free newsletter to receive hand-picked recipes and as a thank you for joining our community, we will send you a link to download our free eCookbook! Trout, an oily fish with incredible flavor, can be an elegant dinner option. It cooks quickly, is easy to season, and the fish tastes sweet and is tender. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, checking one packet after 10 minutes. Would you like any vegetables in the recipe? Buying the trout butterflied allows us to add a few fresh ingredients to the middle. You can’t beat that. Feel free to change amounts according to taste, especially in regards to the onion, cilantro, lemon juice and olive oil. Since the fish is cooked, they come away easily. I highly recommend watching the video: Recipe updated, originally posted October 2009. Do Not Sell My Information, Inspired Taste – Easy Recipes for Home Cooks, Perfectly Baked Fish Recipe with Scallions and Orange, Our Favorite Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce, Roasted Veggie Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Sauce, Tomato Basil Slow Cooker Chicken Meatballs. The Fish That Resembles Salmon If this is your first time seeing a Steelhead Trout fillet I bet you thought you were looking at a salmon fillet. Then when dinner's done, haul those babies to the outside trash. Once done, the fish releases easily from the bones. When we added the little bit of water to the pyrex dish (as instructed), the entire pyrex dish shattered in our oven. I promise it’s all going to be okay . Baked Trout Fillets Recipes 600,728 Recipes. You can also add thinly sliced garlic, onion, or greens (like spinach). Salmon fillets can be substituted for the trout. Combine spring onions, ginger, chilli, coriander and lime with a little soy and mirin, then pour over the fish and cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Transfer to a baking dish. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut two sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil that are larger than your fish. —Mary Zimmerman, Spring Lake, Michigan Make sure to add hot water to the dish; cold water can crack the baking dish. Grill 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through. This one of yours for trout is absolutely fabulous. Read more, This oven roasted potatoes recipe has a short ingredient list, minimal prep time, and the potatoes turn out perfectly golden brown on the outside and fluffy on the… Marinade the fish in sauce and juice for two hours.. Click Go to signup for free! Baked whole fresh trout seasoned with dill and thyme is a quick and easy meal that looks like a dish from a fancy restaurant. Trout with almonds and lemon juice baked in a halogen (turbo) oven. Crispy Oven-Baked Trout: Parmesan and panko make for a light and crispy coating on these baked fillets. Read more, © 2009-2020 Inspired Taste, Inc. More about us…, Easy chickpea salad recipe with lemon, fresh dill, crisp cucumber and tomatoes that’s quick to make and you can make it in advance. For example this Baked Rainbow Trout Fillet with a side of veggies is an easy recipe that can be quickly baked in the oven. Since posting this in 2009, we have tweaked the recipe to be more clear. I wanted to include this oven-baked trout recipe as part of my American Eats series representing the state of Idaho, since I grew up fishing for rainbow trout in Island Park, Idaho with my … In our recipe below, we call for small to medium rainbow trout and find that they take between 10 and 15 minutes in our kitchen. Pull away all the fins. With our easy trout recipe, dinner will be on the table in 20 minutes. Looking for a new way to prepare fish? It's special to me because we did that, together, in our kitchen: father and son time.
2020 baked trout recipes