Babalawo obanifa compedium of names yoruba names for herbs and plants yoruba herbs and their english names yoruba names for herbs and plants. This is a challenge for Botany, Chemistry, Biochemistry in our Nigerian Universities.The chinese and Indian come frequently to Nigeria to study our herbs and take samples and seeds to plant in there countries and sell back to us.Nigeria Researchers in this area wake up. Check it out, Where can I buy achi the seed which pic. Dandelion leaf is very nourishing for the body because it’s rich in vitamins and minerals. Where can Noni leave be found in Nigeria and does it really grow in Nigeria? Please what is Irugege then called in Igbo or English? you could get it at shoprite or click Here. Dobby, alligator pepper is Atare in Yoruba. Then try growing creeping pineapple sage with smaller leaves and sprawling tendencies that make it … The common name "sage… Benin – Isie. It is not an indigenous Nigerian seed hence no local name yet. God's grace will forever be available for you… Amen! © Copyright 2020 NigerianDictionary.com by NgEX! Might ask my customer morrow and reply again, Thanks for the much needed clarification bunny :). Hi Stanley. Dandelion Root & Leaf. Copyright © 2010-2019, Dobbyssignature. it's simply known as bay leaf or jollof rice leaf. Also which one is black pepper because I do see it in some cooking videos. i need to get it for my mum. The name for mint/peppermint is already there. mint is not indigenous to Nigeria so it's rarely grown everywhere except for some select few places. Ginger is known in Yoruba as kakandoro.
If you describe someone as love-stricken, you mean that they are so much in love that they are behaving in a strange and foolish way. Nice blog. LEAVES OF MORMODICA CHARANTIA. PLEASE WHERE CAN I GET DONG QUAI ROOTS IN NIGERIA AND WHAT IS IT KNOWN AS HERE? It's common and u can find it in d market, shops and supermarkets. this question has been answered above na! Reply. masuzi February 27, 2020 Uncategorized 0. Santeria (Way of the Saints) is an Afro-Caribbean religion based on Yoruba beliefs and traditions, with some Roman Catholic elements added. Thanks for the insight Anon :). Supreme spices ve diff variants frm d norm thyme, curry to cinnamon, tumeric, meat tenderizer, garlic, ginger, mixed spice…dey com in diff colours in medium sized bottled containers. It has the ability to strengthen the body and increase endurance. Hi Annie, Fenugreek (Known as "Methi") is not indigenous to Nigeria and therefore has no local name. There are some spices from the Benin area but can't remember what they are called, especially pepper soup spices. Sage packs a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals. Hello just came across tis post I stock turmeric,tamarind,cinnamon, Fenugreek,henna,cow ghee, shea butter ,coconut oil,orange peel, and other spices my location is Nasarawa state but I make deliveries nationwide. Your blog is fantastic! I stay in Port Harcourt. please what is the local name for mint leaf? | by NgEX. I've forgotten but I know yoruba sellers have it. It contains Iron, vitamin K (good for you if you are bleeding), beta- Carotene (prevents stroke and high blood pressure). Dobby, your doing a good job here but please educate our people better. Another name for cinnamon and horseradish pls, scent leaves is doddoya in hausa and basil in english, Licorice is OBURUNBEBE STICK popularly used for banga soup by delta people. You have done a good job of revealing indigenous herbs and spices nigerians can use to prepare delicious meals. Funsho June 13, 2016 I think if it’s ewe zoro, it should be eucalyptus leave. cinnamon is kirfa in hausa and mint we call it Na' a na'a, what is the local name for CINNAMON and where can i buy it in abuja, Pls dobby, what quantity of Zobo leaves and water can I use for 200 bottles of 50cl for it not to be too light and too thick? Check the local herb sellers at the market. hi hi Dobby , pls what do Nigerians call fennel seeds, i know it is scientifically called Foeniculum vulgare dulce but i don't know what it is called in Nigeria and where i can get it in Abuja where i stay, Wat is anoda name for mint nd pepermint leave. Hope y’all are doing great. We assist many patients from Africa and we also provide them African Cuisine. Areachops: An online takeaway, dine in, pick up... 10 Romantic Dinner Ideas for Your Beloved One. Helo, what is black cohosh called in yoruba. Sage leaf in Yoruba language. What Is Sage Leaf In Yoruba. Very nice blog Dobby, i discovered it a few weeks back and have already introduced my friends. keep up the good work, Yes, green tea is not moringa. Very healthy. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work. Hi anon, please click on the "Indigenous Nigerian leafy vegetables and Herbs in Nigeria" link above for pictures of scent and mint leaves. Liquorice or licorice which is the root of "Glycyrrhiza glabra" is a legume that is native to southern Europe and parts of Asia. The names you mentioned are ALL different from each other. I hope dis helps. Igbo – Nchanwu. Where can I get it in Nigeria (Abuja)? in the course of this work i came across your blog and i actually got some ideals from it. If you know their uses please share also. I think i got mine wrong.can someone help me. Find names, words, proverbs, jokes, slangs in Nigerian languages, and their meaning. where i buy spices the hausa people call fenugreek is called "hulba". Herbs are plants with aromatic or savoury properties that are used for medicinal purposes, as food spices, and also for fragrances. The pictures are above. Mint leaf is miracle leave that do cure cough, worm,headache, arthriths, romartism, and cold. Botanical features. Pls what is d local name for cinnamon, will really apreciate if u cn help thnk u. What Is Sage Leaf Called In Yoruba. I mean Alagbo. Winners Emerge In The Place Great Chef Competition... How to make pizza in a pan – Teflon Pan Pizza, Apple Pie – Easy Pink Lady® Apple Pie Recipe. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. please where can we find cinnamon in Nigeria and does it have a name? I find your articles real interesting and would be visiting your blog frequently for more insights. thanks for your assistance wo far. Can I have the herbal book? Dandelion herb supports detoxification of blood and helps maintaining hormonal balance. almond seed is the common fruit that yoruba called aba. (English), chineloneche I have interest in this area. Mint leave is known as Na' a na'a by the northerners. I’ve come to a conclusion that we’ve got most herbs, spices and plants in Nigeria but since they go by different names due to the diverse tribes and ethnic groups, they’ve been lost in translation. LIME CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA. Do You know of any? Please, what is cumin seed and cumin spice? pls i need to know what cloves is called in igbo language . I live in Ikorodu. Thanks Anon! Kurkum is also arabic like na' na (mint leaves), Please where can I get mint leaves in nigeria I live in Delta state and school in benin can anyone please tell me where I can buy mint leaves dobby ur assistance is needed thanks, please what is the yoruba igbo or EDO name of mint leave and where can i buy it around edo state. Regards,Swatihttp://www.surgeryassistanceindia.com, please send me your email address swati, i'd be glad to assist. You could checkout my post on Where to buy foreign fruits and vegetables in Nigeria apart from shoprite. Esan – Usira. posted a translation on word If the aroma is too intense, you can fall back on the much milder young leaves. owambe saturday  Thank you for some other excellent article. Thank you for this post. Thank you. | An NgEX brand, Get contacts from social network or email. BASIL OCINUM. Welcome to Turtle Lodge Trading Post Inc. powered by Shopify! Urgent please. The local herb sellers at Mushin, Boundary markets etc sell them. Yoruba Did you know that some of the very expensive IMPORTED green herbal teas we buy is non-other than leaves of the moringa trees we use to fence and beautify our houses or even feed our goats with??? The hausa vegetable vendors that sell it don't have a name for it also> They call it NaaNa which is an arabic word for Mint. Today we give credit for the yellow pepper to the Cameroons, yesterday some silly Nigerians claimed the rubbish green pineapples from Cotonou was the best or Ghana ankara is suddenly better that anything Nigeria has produced. I mean Alagbo. The botanical name is Mentha piperita. Is very popular and easy to get in the market. Cayenne is Bawa & Chilli is Shombo in Nigeria, hello please where can I get bay leaves in lagos? No it's not. The interesting part is the well stressed method of preparation and administration. My first time here and I fell in love with your write up.. Smoking Sage. Yoruba Medicine – History The medical traditions of the Yoruba people of western Nigeria developed within a culture that deeply respects and venerates ancestors.The orishas, or gods of the Yoruba, were former ancestors such as Oduduwa, the legendary ancestor of all Yoruba people, and his son Ogun. Yoruba – Osan wewe. White Sage Leaf is also commonly known as Smudging Sage, referring to the Native American use of the herb to create an incense called smudge sticks. Igbo – Epe nkirisi. Unfortunately not enough research has been done on our Nigerian spices, it could be good to know the chemical composition of this different spices so we know how to combine them. Healthy Kitchen Tips That Make It Easier To... Nestlé Nigeria Improves livelihoods in its communities. Babalawo Obanifa Compedium Of Names Yoruba Leaves And Herbs By Please is Irugege same thing with Uda or negro pepper? Piper Guineense – Ashanti pepper Guinea pepper Mpuru... How To Make Coconut Flour – Gluten free... Nigerian leafy vegetables with pictures here also, http://www.facebook.com/freshturmericroots, Edible winged termites “Aku, Esunsun, Shinge”. BritBritBrow, You now following I have turmeric in ksfanchan, for detail check http://www.facebook.com/freshturmericroots. Most products here could be quite misleading. Does anyone know the Nigeria name for sage leaf? what's it called? Say something and translate it into Hausa, Igbo, Pidgin or Yoruba. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Hausa – Lemu. you can get bay leaves in the local market from vendors that sell kitchen spices. I beg to differ on this matter. (Yoruba-Slangs), Yoruba_Proverbs I am thinking of making tea out of most of our spices, like scent leave/nchawu, Utazi, Achara leaf, Pepper fruit, alligator pepper, negro pepper/Uda, Ehure. Awww!!!! The plant, fruit, juice.I can’t remember the botanical name though. Dobby, Cameroon pepper is not an indigenous nigerian spice.
Say something and translate it into Hausa, Igbo, Pidgin or Yoruba. The powdered turmeric is as sharp as curry while the raw one looks like ginger. Please I kno u sed mint is na'a na but what is spearmint?? Please is fenugreek a Nigerian herb? No it's not. The clove tree is an evergreen that grows up to 8–12 metres (26–39 ft) tall, with large leaves and crimson flowers grouped in terminal clusters. Kanafuru is cloves. The flower buds initially have a pale hue, gradually turn green, then transition to a bright red when ready for harvest. Hi dobby,pls what fruits and spices would you advise for losing weight. Indigenous Ceremonial Supplies, Herbs, Art, and Gifts. [email protected], tumeric is called ata ile pupa while ginger is called ata ile in Yoruba, So wer can tumeric b found in nigeria hear ??? I’m in Delta state, Nice blog. Yoruba Smartweed leaves Translations (0) Add Translation NigerianDictionary.com is a social media network for Nigerian Languages and Culture, where you can post, discover and share Nigerian videos, pictures, words, pronunciations & translations in Nigerian Languages (currently Hausa, Igbo, Pidgin, Yoruba)
2020 sage leaf in yoruba