It's out. The Community Partnership for the Prevention of Homelessness has posted the 2016 Point in Time report, the annual snapshot of what the homeless community looks like in DC. Click the picture to the right to read it!
- In January 2016, there were 8,350 homeless individuals counted. That's a 14% increase from 2015.
- There were 984 more homeless people in families than by themselves. This is the first time DC has ever recorded family homelessness in greater numbers than individual homelessness.
- The median age among adults in homeless families was 27 years old.
- 17% of homeless adults reported a history of domestic violence. That's a 2% increase from last year, with 6% of of homeless adults reporting that domestic violence was a direct cause of their homelessness.
- That's 500 people on the streets because of domestic violence.